Through the years when I have found myself down and out I have tried mainly doing self-help. I have created quote binders with all kinds of inspirational sayings, quotes and prayers. I would like to create a spot with the same concept on here. If you have a favorite quote please send it to me and I will be sure to include it. If the author is not listed I do not know who wrote it. I did not create any of these myself. I got them off the internet.
1. The Glory of Giving – Christ multiplied the loaves, but he allowed apostles to distribute it. God’s glory is revealed not merely in the gift, but in the giving – from Tweet Inspiration.
2. Eyes Wide Open – We are given signs and opportunities every day. If we walk with eyes wide open and venture out of our comfort zones, great things can happen. One short journey, one stop along the way, one encounter, one great thing, can change our lives. – from Visiting Mary
3. The amazing friends I have: I didn’t “find” them; I certainly don’t deserve them; but I do have them. And there is only one feasible reason: because my friends are God’s gift to me in proof of His love for me, His friendship. – from Made For Love, Loved by God.
4. Do not look forward to what might happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and everyday. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and images. – Author unknown
5. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action. In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -Mother Teresa
6. Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde
7. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
8. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ― Albert Camus
9. An angel in the Book of Life wrote down my baby’s birth. And whispered as she closed the book, “Too beautiful for earth.” – author unknown
10. Be grateful for today because you don’t know what tomorrow will bring
11. Always pray to have eyes that see the BEST, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith. – author unknown
12. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – author unknown
13. All cops aren’t bad, all African Americans aren’t thugs, all whites aren’t racist. If we come together ad unite as one, we can be an unstoppable force. – author unknown
14. Putting folks of all kinds on stage with you…All COLORS, SHAPES, SIZES…presenting them as equals…why another critic might have even called it “A Celebration of Humanity.” – from the Greatest Showman
15. If you want to, you an find a million reasons to hate life and be angry at the world. Or, if you want to, you could find a million reasons to love life and be happy. Choose wisely. – author unknown
16. Please don’t ever get tired of being a good person with a good heart. I know it sucks being taken advantage of and feeling like it’s better to be cold-hearted, but people like you matter and are so important to the world. – author unknown
17. The era we are living in today is a dream come true. – Walt Disney
18. Never Lose Hope… the butterfly is proof that beauty can emerge from something completely falling apart. – author unknown
19. Having courage does not mean that we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage means we face our fears. We are able to say, ‘I have fallen but I WILL get up.’ -Maya Angelou
20. No matter how much it hurts now, someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better. – author unknown
21. The biggest lesson for me this year has been ‘just keep going’. Lost everything? Just keep going. Don’t’ know what you’re doing? Just keep going. $.88 in the bank? Just keep going. People played you? Just keep going. No obstacle has been able to crush me. I KEEP GOING. – Asamoah Evans
22. The OTHER Serenity Prayer – Please grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly. The courage to forgive myself because I always try my best, and the wisdom to know that I AM a good person with a kind heart. – author unknown
23. It’s okay if you thought you were over it, but it hits you all over again. It’s okay to fall apart even if you thought you had it under control. You’re not weak. Healing is messy. And there’s no timeline for healing. – author unknown
24. One Day at a time. Sometimes one step at a time…I know at times it feels impossible. One step when you feel you can’t can make a difference. – author unknown
25. Anything that annoys you is teaching you patience. Anyone who abandon you is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet. Anything that angers you is teaching you forgiveness and compassion. Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back. Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love. Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear. Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go. – author unknown
26. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
27. Even though the world is in chaos right now, I have to thank God that I have a house, food, water, warmth and love. Thank you for blessing me.
28. The only person you should try to be better than…is the person you were yesterday.
29. You weren’t created to go through life lonely. That person that walked away, that didn’t value you, that told you how you weren’t good enough, attractive enough, smart enough, don’t believe those lies. You are made in the image of God. He calls you a masterpiece.
30. Picture this: Jesus looks at the cross and then looks at you. “You’re worth it,” he says.
31. As we travel along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buck up and just keep going.
32. Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.
33. Putting folks of all kinds on stage with you… all colors, shapes, sizes…presenting them as equals…why, another critic might have even called it a celebration of humanity. – quote from The Greatest Showman
37. Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be. – Sonia Ricotti
38. Do not underestimate a moment of your kindness. It has the power to change lives in ways you may never know. – author unknown
39. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Vivian Greene
40. God has not given up on you. So don’t give up on yourself. – author unknown
41. God will give you what you need. All you need is faith. – author unknown
42. Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? – from tinybuddha.com
43. If you want to, you can find a million reasons to hate life and be angry at the world. Or, if you want to, you could find a million reasons to love life and be happy. Choose wisely. – Cari Welsh
44. 10 Lessons I Want to Instill in My Kids… If you’re thankful, show it. If you love someone, tell them. If you’re wrong, fess up. If you’re confused, ask questions. If you learn something, teach others. If you’re stuck, ask for help. If you made a mistake, apologize. If you trip, get back up. If someone needs help, help them. If you see wrong, take a stance. – author unknown
45. It takes as little as 1% of a population to create positive change, and I believe that if 100 million people underwent a personal transformation in the direction of peace, harmony, laughter, love, kindness, and joy, the world would be transformed. – Deepak Chopra
46. Stop waiting for friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life…Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most out of the moment you are in now. – author unknown
47. Lord, make me an instrument of your PEACE; where there is hatred, let me sow LOVE; where there is injury, PARDON; where there is doubt, FAITH; where there is despair, HOPE; where there is darkness, LIGHT; where there is sadness, JOY. – Saint Francis
48. Even now, as broken as you may feel, you are still so strong. There’s something to be said for how you hold yourself together and keep moving, even though you feel like shattering. Don’t stop. This is your healing. It doesn’t have to be pretty or graceful. You just have to keep going. – Maxell Diawuoh
49. Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you. – Ruth Bader Ginsberg
50. Just for today, I will let go of anger. Just for today I will let go of worry. Today, I will count my many blessings. Today, I will do my work honestly. Today, I will be kind to every living creature. – Mikao Usui
51. You’re strong enough to get through this.
52. Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it everyday. – Gary Vaynerchuck
53. Caregivers go through more than they will ever tell you. They give up a lot and rarely have a social life. They can get sick and emotionally worn out. It’s a lot for one person and you will never know until you have walked the road of a caregiver. – author unknown
54. It doesn’t matter who hurt you, who broke you down, what matters is who made you smile again! – author unknown
55. The smile on my face doesn’t mean my life is perfect. It means I appreciate what I have and what I have been blessed with. – author unknown
56. Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound. – author unknown
57. You’d be surprised who’s watching your journey and being inspired by it. Don’t quit. – author unknown
58. Anyone can give up. It’s the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else thinks you’d fall apart…that’s true strength. – author unknown
59. A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart. – author unknown
60. I think when the dust settles, we will realize how very little we need, how very much we actually have, and the true value of human connection. – tinybuddha.com
61. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
62. Unconditional love is loving someone beyond their limits, and yours – Evinda Lepins
63. If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for. – author unknown
64. May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. – Peter Marshall
65. Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each solider who died protecting it. – unknown author
66. When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control how you react to it. That’s where your power is. – author unknown
67. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr.
68. Challenger are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – author unknown
69. Here’s to all the people who get back up more times than they are knocked down, who give more than they ever expect to receive, who still show love to others, even when their own heart is broken, who smile through the sad times, who light the way for others, who spread laughter and joy. Thank you for making the world a better place. – mindful wishes
70. You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you. – Josh Shipp
71. Sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you did today was breathe. – author unknown
72. Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be? – author unknown
73. Take one step at a time. You are doing great.
74. Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine. – author unknown
75. We can do no great things; only small things with great love. – Mother Teresa