Through the years when I have found myself down and out I have tried mainly doing self-help. I have created quote binders with all kinds of inspirational sayings, quotes and prayers. I would like to create a spot with the same concept on here. If you have a favorite quote please send it to me and I will be sure to include it. If the author is not listed I do not know who wrote it. I did not create any of these myself. I got them off the internet.
1. The Glory of Giving – Christ multiplied the loaves, but he allowed apostles to distribute it. God’s glory is revealed not merely in the gift, but in the giving – from Tweet Inspiration.
2. Eyes Wide Open – We are given signs and opportunities every day. If we walk with eyes wide open and venture out of our comfort zones, great things can happen. One short journey, one stop along the way, one encounter, one great thing, can change our lives. – from Visiting Mary
3. The amazing friends I have: I didn’t “find” them; I certainly don’t deserve them; but I do have them. And there is only one feasible reason: because my friends are God’s gift to me in proof of His love for me, His friendship. – from Made For Love, Loved by God.
4. Do not look forward to what might happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and everyday. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and images. – Author unknown
5. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action. In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -Mother Teresa
6. Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde
7. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
8. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ― Albert Camus
9. An angel in the Book of Life wrote down my baby’s birth. And whispered as she closed the book, “Too beautiful for earth.” – author unknown
10. Be grateful for today because you don’t know what tomorrow will bring
11. Always pray to have eyes that see the BEST, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith. – author unknown
12. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – author unknown
13. All cops aren’t bad, all African Americans aren’t thugs, all whites aren’t racist. If we come together ad unite as one, we can be an unstoppable force. – author unknown
14. Putting folks of all kinds on stage with you…All COLORS, SHAPES, SIZES…presenting them as equals…why another critic might have even called it “A Celebration of Humanity.” – from the Greatest Showman
15. If you want to, you an find a million reasons to hate life and be angry at the world. Or, if you want to, you could find a million reasons to love life and be happy. Choose wisely. – author unknown
16. Please don’t ever get tired of being a good person with a good heart. I know it sucks being taken advantage of and feeling like it’s better to be cold-hearted, but people like you matter and are so important to the world. – author unknown
17. The era we are living in today is a dream come true. – Walt Disney
18. Never Lose Hope… the butterfly is proof that beauty can emerge from something completely falling apart. – author unknown
19. Having courage does not mean that we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage means we face our fears. We are able to say, ‘I have fallen but I WILL get up.’ -Maya Angelou
20. No matter how much it hurts now, someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better. – author unknown
21. The biggest lesson for me this year has been ‘just keep going’. Lost everything? Just keep going. Don’t’ know what you’re doing? Just keep going. $.88 in the bank? Just keep going. People played you? Just keep going. No obstacle has been able to crush me. I KEEP GOING. – Asamoah Evans
22. The OTHER Serenity Prayer – Please grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly. The courage to forgive myself because I always try my best, and the wisdom to know that I AM a good person with a kind heart. – author unknown
23. It’s okay if you thought you were over it, but it hits you all over again. It’s okay to fall apart even if you thought you had it under control. You’re not weak. Healing is messy. And there’s no timeline for healing. – author unknown
24. One Day at a time. Sometimes one step at a time…I know at times it feels impossible. One step when you feel you can’t can make a difference. – author unknown
25. Anything that annoys you is teaching you patience. Anyone who abandon you is teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet. Anything that angers you is teaching you forgiveness and compassion. Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back. Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love. Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear. Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.
26. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
27. Even though the world is in chaos right now, I have to thank God that I have a house, food, water, warmth and love. Thank you for blessing me.
28. The only person you should try to be better than…is the person you were yesterday.
29. You weren’t created to go through life lonely. That person that walked away, that didn’t value you, that told you how you weren’t good enough, attractive enough, smart enough, don’t believe those lies. You are made in the image of God. He calls you a masterpiece.
30. Picture this: Jesus looks at the cross and then looks at you. “You’re worth it,” he says.
31. As we travel along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buck up and just keep going.
32. Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.