Did you know you can do a heck of a lot in just 15 minutes? As I continue my New Year’s resolution I am learning a lot about this. I am sure no matter how busy your lives are you CAN find 15 minutes. You can’t give up hope that you can’t accomplish something if you just commit to 15 minutes. I have made a list of all the stuff I can do in 15 minutes. What about you??
1. Get your house clean. Try to spend 15 minutes a day for a week in each room of your house. In no time at all it will look beautiful or better than it did.
2. Meal plan. All it takes is 15 minutes. I try to make a monthly meal plan and then break it down into weekly. Then I can get it done daily. 15 minutes on the weekend for the following week prep helps a lot too.
3. Exercise. 15 minutes is better than no minutes. We can do it when we watch TV or getting meals ready. We could sneak it in at the beginning of the day or the end of the day. If we find 15 minutes a day that is 1 hour and 45 minutes a week. That might not seem a lot but if you were doing nothing before it is something 🙂
4. Get the laundry done. If we take 15 minutes a day to either sort, start a load and switch a load, fold it or put it away, it would all get done.
5. Read. I would like to read the bible more and I know I could find 15 minutes to do that. How about you? Is there a book you wish you had time to read? Finding those 15 minutes would help get the book read.
6. Pray. I tell my kids all the time that it doesn’t have to be bedtime to pray. They can do it anytime they want. How about the Rosary? Ok, it may take a little more than 15 minutes. I try and do it when I am driving, working out, waiting to pick my kids up or when I go to bed.
7. Work on ourselves. I think journaling is a great thing. Can we spend 15 minutes at bedtime writing about our day? It can be very therapeutic. Or something else that will help better yourself. We can find 15 minutes a day for ourselves can’t we?
8. Paying attention to our kids. Unfortunately, I think so many kids wish they had more time with their parents. What if we take that extra time in the morning or at bedtime to give to our children? We could give 15 minutes to a different child everyday so that way they have something to look forward to and they get the one on one time they deserve.
9. Spend it with God. You can pray, visit church, thank him, talk to him, sit quietly with him. If we start spending time building our relationship with him those 15 minutes would be priceless.
Those are just a few examples of how we could spend the 15 minutes we find a day. For those of you thinking you can’t find 15 minutes I challenge you to look for it. I promise you can and if you do you won’t regret it. How many minutes or hours do we spend on our phones or mobile devices? Take 15 minutes from there. I am more than willing to help look at your schedule and find it. Another way is if you schedule everything then schedule it in too!!! Please let me know how it goes and what you have done!
copyright 2015 Sheila M Scarpulla. All rights reserved. No reproduction without written consent